Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Hi, it's been a while...

Hello, I am home and got some nasal congestion. It's a good thing that I stayed home. I need to catch up with cleaning, grading, and thinking about the future.

Well, two weeks ago, Alex and I decided to remove my IUD. Yes, we have decided to add an additional member to our family! No, I am not pregnant yet. We were just deciding on it. Alex has been ready to have another since Cinzia was born, so it was basically all on me. The ball has always been in my court. Weeks ago, we three went to Corona SDA Church to meet with some old friends. They have two kids. One is a 5-year old boy. When we were at their apartment after church, he and Cinzia just hit it off. They played, ran around, talked -- just getting along. It was a sight to behold. FYI, that boy and my girl are 2 years apart. I have always known Cinzia needs someone in her life to play and communicate with, especially after dinner time at home when she gets so playful, and there is no kid to play with. That fact saddens me. The sight of the boy and happy Cinzia playing nailed my wobbly decision to try for another one. That was it. Emotionally, I am now ready to face any trials - nasal congestion, tight budget, stress with toddlers during travels, etc -- just to see Cinzia giggling and being happy with another kid at home. Besides, Alex has always been an excellent dad anyway. He loves children, more than I do.:) So basically, I am doing this for Cinzia. I also miss having a baby at home.

About the future, law school is still in my heart, but should I go for Phd? I discovered something interesting today. There is actually a program called PHd (or EDD) in Instructional Technology. This is a mix of media arts and teaching. Isn't that so me? Right now, I am known at my school as THE teacher who likes integrating technology into the curriculum with the use of blogs, videos, writing scripts online, etc. It is actually fun, and my students enjoyed the activities as well! I am thinking of getting that Phd or just go to law school. I am planning to take the LSAT this December and see which law school accepts me. I have three options right now: Southwestern, Loyola, and La Verne, and my acceptance all depends on my LSAT score. For sure, I am going back to school next year, and by then, we will have the answers.

No comments: