Monday, October 09, 2006

nothing more to say and prove

i am back from bohol! i enjoyed being with my relatives. ill post pics here next time. twas a short but worthwhile vacation. but the highlight of all happenings happened last sunday night...in cebu.

i came home earlier than mama. i took the fast craft from tagbialran to cebu. days before that, i already texted earl to fetch me because i would be travelling alone and i dont know cebu very well. my relatives in cebu are in tagbilaran so there's no one to take care of me when i'd arrive in the heart of visayas.

as usual, he hesitated. too many excuses. earl is always like that. that was my 3rd time in 5months to ask him to fetch me from the pier or airport in cebu. when i arived in cebu pier, i just texted my not-so-close-friend to fetch me instead. she came. buti pa siya...

when i arrived at her house to take a few hours of sleep (my flight is at 5am the day after), earl texted. he said he would like to fetch me. too late..his strict father allowed him to make rounds in mandaue and lapu lapu to visit their security guards in different establishments so he might as well bring me along. i told him not to bother because i needed some rest. he would not believe me and so he went to where i stayed. he drove his car. yeah..he's already driving...

he wore the shirt i bought for him 2 years ago. the amicus shirt. hahaha.it had an "earl" at the back. i tried to recall where was my "rica" shirt that i bought together with his shirt. i sadly recalled that i left it in palawan last december. sad...i should have worn that too.

so i accompanied him around. he toured me. we went to different resorts and hotels checking out their security guards. earl has gotten stricter. poor security guards. they're reprimanded of their sleepiness, lousy uniforms, having no socks and caps, rusty pistols, etc. i laughed at him while he was talking to them. he's learning to be the boss...at 23.

while we were in montebello, he said many things about the past. our being immature, our letters, our tears and laughters. wala pa nato to nastoryahan diba?he asked. i helped him remember the breakup letter. he stopped me. it's not worthy to be remembered, he said. why? it was part of our past.

he said, "You just don't know."

"what do you mean?" i asked.

we gave each other our sweetest smiles.

my smile said..i did my best.. nothing more to say, nothing more to prove.

we exchanged the same smiles again when he got me at my friend's house at 1am.

but the message didnt change..thank you, earl.

8 comments:

thisisGod'sdaughter said...

yeah.nice one, te rose.:)

Anonymous said...

psst! tuloy ka ba dito sa manila?

thisisGod'sdaughter said...

hahahaha!te ligs!kaw tlga salrain ng lahat eh.hehehehe.pero masaya rin ako.im happy now.uy,fianlly, napasa ko na grades kanina.hay..grabe tlga..

ang daming 4.0s.hehehehe

Anonymous said...

you didn't tell me about this blog.

thisisGod'sdaughter said...

hi little light!sorry..im glad you found me here.happy blogging ill add you up!God bless

Anonymous said...

i am smiling like an idiot right now. hmmmm..is it because u wrote that article veeeery well?or was it because of the content itself?haha.i miss u.

Anonymous said...

i am smiling like an idiot right now. hmmmm..is it because u wrote that article veeeery well?or was it because of the content itself?haha.i miss u.

5:16 AM

thisisGod'sdaughter said...

hahahhaha!welcome, bestfriend!i know what you're thinking 'wink'