Wednesday, July 23, 2008

one month..

today marks my first month in US and so far it has been good. nothing bad happened so far and for that I am thankful. i am just looking forward to some events that are yet to come.:)

well, as my fiance reminds me, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and LEAN NOT ON YOUR UNDERSTANDING. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Emphasis on the LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING because we humans tend to believe we can do everything without Him when in fact without Him, everything would be impossible. Well, God knows He has to do something big soon so I am patiently waiting for that. As the song says, "In His time, He makes all things beautiful..in His time.."

Blessings for the past month:

1. I arrived in this foreign country safely. Guam and Hawaii were my stopovers. Two beautiful islands!!
2. I met the love of my life once again and we were together for 2 weeks.
3. A job offer came.:)
4. I was able to ride a train for 7hours - broke and alone.
5. I am the first relative to see Kian, my new cousin.
6. New friends from my UPOU classes!
7. I gained my uncle and auntie's trust.:)
8. There is a tree full of ripe peaches at the backyard of their house. Amazing!
9. There's an apple tree too!!!
10. Initially, I am going back to Burbank on August 10.

It is sad to note that this is my first year since I graduated in 2005 that I wont be teaching. I miss teaching. Well, california requires 2 exams and 12 units in order to be a credentialed teacher here. So, Rica, soon and very soon...

I am hoping and praying that from today and until next month, more changes will happen.more good things will be in my hands. I am hopeful, very hopeful.

No comments: