Thursday, January 29, 2015

Happy New Year!

It's the end of the first month of the year, and yes, happy new year to you! I did not get a chance to update you when the year started. So many things are going on.

********

Cinzia already had two baby sitters this year. She started off with this lady who is also taking care of my co-teacher's son, but then after 2 weeks, she said it was too much for her to take care of two toddlers. Then we met Delia, a lady who lives 5 mins from my school. Alex likes her. Cinzia is with her now 5x a week, and we pay her $120 a week. It was a little too much for me because Cinzia only stays with her until 12:30 p.m. when her school bus picks her up. I pick her up every afternoon.

Cinzia has improved a lot since she started getting therapy. Her vocabulary and speech are very good. She is more expressive now. I spend more time with her now too. I quit all my tutoring engagements last year to spend more time with her. Now, she is happier, we're closer, and I am also happy that I spend more time with her.

********

Marriage? It's still in the works. Alex and I have been going to a marriage counselor since the year started. I am not ashamed to say that. We really needed help so we'd understand each other more. Marriage is not easy, and there are so many changes going on in the union. Some of them are good, some not so good. Our experiences in the past 7 years have taken a toll on us. We are trying to be better in marriage because we still love each other, and we have a lovely daughter who does not deserve a broken family.

********

Dreams? I am currently reviewing for the LSAT. I will be taking it in June. I want to start this fall at LaVerne Law School. The only thing I am concerned about is the change my absence every night will affect our family life. Cinzia needs me. It is just different when moms are at home taking care of the kids.

*******

I have changed. The Rica when I was 24 is not the same Rica at present. I know myself more now. I realized I am not a homebody. I like going out to hang out with friends, watch the sunset, drive around, or just see new places. I like being busy. I am also not a house wife material. Sure, I like my house organized and clean. I do the house chores, I take care of Cinzia, but I also like to work, earn money, reach my full potential. And if someone hired can clean my house, that would be really great. At work, I need to be challenged. I am not learning anything new at my job. (My kids are learning, but I am not.) I also need growth.

I realized there are only two goals one should have: serve God in any way (dynamic church, sing praises, and worship Him anywhere) AND have fun in life (travel, study, laugh, hang out with friends).

*******

I hope this year will be a productive and eventful year for my marriage, for me personally, and for Cinzia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey bai a pleasant surprise to read an updated blog! Now hoping the first quarter of the year is turning out better for you.. Such a novelty now to comment or write in our blogs.. was just reading some history of mine too.. we were such kiddos years ago... ;-P