Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What a year!

Hello.

This year has been really trying and insightful as well. It's all about improving myself as a mother, wife, person, and God's daughter.

As I said previously, Alex and I went to marriage counselling, and we did 11 sessions. They were helpful. I am not going to dig into details what happened, but here's one thing I need to work on to make this marriage work: Don't be hot-tempered. I have to deliberately choose not to get irked on small things. It's not worth it. Alex has his own things to work on as well. We have been making progress. Things don't change overnight. Because of this, Alex and I decided not to plan on the 2nd baby. We have to strengthen ourselves first.

I also attended parenting workshops. I needed to learn how to become a better parent. I realized prior to the workshops that parenting is not naturally for me, so I needed this help. I admire those who can cruise parenting. It is not easy for me. The workshops were helpful. They talked about discipline, obedience, etc. and related the topics with the Bible.

Cinza is 4 now! She has grown so big, and it is unbelievable. She can converse now and express herself well. She had summer school for 5 weeks, and completed 14 swimming sessions. She loved both. Now I just have to teach her how to read and write. This is a mom's job.

Right now, Cinzia and I have been bonding all over the place. She is a sweet and cheerful girl. I love her so much.

I have also met new friends this year. They are trustworthy and godly friends. Marissa, for one, arrived from Philippines 4 months ago, and she is very nice. She came with me to Idaho on a road trip. She has an inspiring story. Another friend from church is Rowena. She is a divorcee from UK. She is very girly, and we connect on so many levels. Both these girls are caring and God-fearing. I hope our friendship flourishes.

Here's a toast for a good year! There are 5 more months til December! It's fast!




2 comments:

loveandhappiness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loveandhappiness said...

Hi,

I was in front of my computer doing my assignment when I saw a notification about your new post. Anyway, I am so happy to know that the little princess is doing really great. I taught children of her age and I can tell that she really is an angel. Please send my big hug to Cinzia. xoxox

Regarding your comments about your marriage, I guess it is pretty normal to have some disagreements. After all, marriage is about two individuals (with different likes and dislikes, interests, and, in our case, cultural backgrounds)who decided to become one. Who said that is easy?... I remember when I was still single, my Spiritual Director told me, "Love is not solely dependent on feelings; it is a commitment." So I guess as long as you are not giving up on love, every problem is no problem.

I am so proud of your achievements!!! Keep up the good work. Take care and God bless!

pinay e-motion :)