Saturday, April 14, 2018

Future

I did not tell you, but we are currently living in a million-dollar house right now. We are renting, of course. A parent from school trusted me with this as the property manager, and our goals are similar. So here we are. Right now, this is the best option we have. Having my parents here and the brother coming, we need to be in a house. Thankfully, this house is in the heart of Glendale and it is only 1.5 miles away from work. Such a blessing. God really knows the perfect timing. Of course, there are hard decisions to make in the process of offsetting our rent, but it is still a good opportunity to make extra money. I am busier managing this property, but it is all good. It is just a matter of time management and making wise decisions. We have been here since November last year.

I am still finding the balance of my spiritual life and how to strengthen it. Alex still wants to Garden Grove, and I have been going with him for weeks now. It feels good to go with him and Cinzia. Now that we are leaving church early, I am finding my niche in that church again. I was active in the Filipino ministry for three years and many of the events happened in the afternoon. I am a little lost right now while finding my way to be used for God's work. Ideally, I want all of us to be at church the whole day on Sabbaths. I want us to all sit down and listen to all the sermons. But Alex and I are different, although we are both Adventists. It frustrates me sometimes, but I just have to cope with it.

I am also resentful about the fact that his work is eating him up. That is the reason he cannot stay in the afternoons. That is why he is so tired at night. That is the reason he cannot make it to family gatherings and trips. This is the reason we cannot travel together. He is a slave to his work. I raised my hand so many times, and it stresses him out. This is his biggest paycheck ever, and he is also finding the balance in his life. As a wife, I should be supportive of him. I will just pray for him. I cannot really do anything to change the circumstances. I just have to be strong.

This is our 10th year being married. Yes, there are ups and downs. We are in a better position now than before, thankfully. I give glory to God for that. We were initially planning a ceremony, but his grandma in Panama is not doing well, and he wanted to see her. Finances are not unlimited in our household, so we have to make decisions. He is asking for time to process some things about his grandma. I guess for now I will just have to cherish these photos we took last month.





Life cannot really be perfect. Life is full of discomfort and trials. No matter how much we try to go things our way, they will not. This is a process of character development. Pray harder. Be strong. Have faith.

No comments: